Fiberfiend is currently blogging on her attempt to knit an almost authentic Bohus sweater.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

All Done


































The end of June and the beginning of July got out of hand; my DH had surgery and I've been taking care of him. Though I finished the Yellow Lace, this is my first chance to post it.

The buttonbands are a traditional 1x1 rib, picked up along the steek edge and knitted. Buttonholes were knit in a bind-off-two-stitches on one row then cast-on-two-stitches on the return row. Since I didn't like the looseness of them, I edged the butttonholes with a blanket stitch.

After the button bands were knit on, the steeks were crochet-chained then cut and whip stitched down. Makes a lovely finish.

And so, fini! I love this sweater, from the color to the fit. Gotta love those Bohus designers!

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely amazing - I'm not worthy to carry your knitting bag (bowing out gracefully)

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete