Fiberfiend is currently blogging on her attempt to knit an almost authentic Bohus sweater.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Trying to Figure This Out

I've been dreaming of shawl collars. Specifically, the Brenda Cardigan's shawl collar, and I hate to admit it but I'm stuck. Now that the back is redone, I have to start the fronts and collar. Most shawl collars are "reversible"; they're done in rib or some pattern that looks the same on both sides, so when you fold them over it looks right side up. But what do you do when the collar is lace with a definite right and wrong side? If you're smart, you plan the collar in advance, make a facing that's a mirror image from the center line outwards that can be folded over. Only I wasn't that smart. Or you knit the collar separately and sew it on. But that doesn't look like how the original was made.

So I may have to play with alternate strategies. Or maybe I'll just knit the sleeves while I think about it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment