Fiberfiend is currently blogging on her attempt to knit an almost authentic Bohus sweater.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You PAID Someone to Do That To You?




Most of my face and a goodly portion of my neck have moved to that shade of chartreuse unique to 5 day old bruises. I stayed awake all day with only a brief doze before dinner, took only Tylenol for discomfort and made corn chowder out of my frozen corn face packs.

I knit most of a small shawl, watched 6 episodes of Good Eats and made the best orange scented pound cake I've ever had (thank you Alton Brown).

I tried napping in my own bed propped up on pillows but the pressure on my ears made me anxious I would tear out stitches, so I couldn't sleep.

I turned down visits from two dear friends because I'm a little grouchy but that's probably due to the fact that I haven't had a full night's sleep in 5 days; I'm thinking tonight I should sleep well, and then I'll be ready for company. (Won't be going out in public yet, though, because I'm afraid someone would suspect that I was a victim of spousal abuse, and I would hate to have anyone think that of my kind and gentle husband.)

I'm starting to feel a little fat and sloppy 'cause I can't properly wash my hair, I've been living in sweat pants and pajamas, and I can't do much of anything but eat. (Yes, it's soft foods only, but that includes frozen dark cherry yogurt, tender pound cake, six cheese lasagna, cheddar omelets, fresh pineapple with toasted coconut and my husband's famous dinner rolls. By the dozen.) I'm ready for a little yoga, if not a 5k run.

And I'm really ready to have these cursed stitches taken out of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment