Fiberfiend is currently blogging on her attempt to knit an almost authentic Bohus sweater.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's New?





I'm working on the second version of the sleeves for the Cathedral Cardigan and it looks like I'll be starting on the third version at any moment; I just can't seem to find the right fit. But that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I finished my car project - my very first Baby Surprise Jacket (I've been an EZ fan forever; hard to believe I have several little ones to knit for and have never made a BSJ!) and the Vernal Equinox KAL shawl; isn't it lovely?

Working on these projects simultaneously had me thinking about the concept of monogamous knitting. I've heard that there are knitters who have many many projects going on at the same time; they put one down and pick up another like changing clothes. I have read about projects that sit unattended for weeks, months, even years at a time, waiting for their turn to come back into favor with their maker.

But I'm not like that. I have a real need to finish things. There are no bags with half knitted sweaters buried in the back of my closet. There are no socks missing a mate. I have no avoidance issues with sewing up and finishing.

Now, I do have more than one knitting project going at the same time; there's always one in the car that I work on when my DH is driving; there's one on the sofa where I knit when I sit with my family and watch TV; there's one in process on my knitting machine and there's one I'm designing. And there's no cross-over; the car project never sees the one on the sofa, the sofa project doesn't go for rides, and the design project, well, she's just a little special, like a new baby. And when each project is finished, another new project takes its place. Each project is like a child, and I stay with each until it's off the needles and ready to leave the house.

It's not exactly monogamy, but it's close.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment