Fiberfiend is currently blogging on her attempt to knit an almost authentic Bohus sweater.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

And We're Off




The search for the Brenda sweater took me to some interesting places; not only did I write letters to the producers of the show (to no avail) and to the section of the Sunday paper that answers questions about stars (still waiting for an answer) I searched the web. It is possible to waste enormous amounts of time just looking around on the internet. You know how I know that. I finally made my way to Ravelry, and can't for the life of me remember why I didn't start there. I found the group "As seen in the movies" that follows hand knit items in the movies. They couldn't point me to the sweater but did offer a number of good ideas about where to look. Then I went to "Closer Knits," a group of knitters that follows the exploits of Brenda (and her sweater!) on the show. They directed me to the official Closer web site where I found several photos of The Sweater. So now it looks like I'll just have to figure out how to copy it myself.....

1 comment:

  1. So we know it's shawl collar, knitted from a lace pattern, hip length, belted and the sleeves seem to be slightly belled? Is that what you see? I admire your determination and dedication, BTW, in trying to get answers to these question. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete